Bacon and Tomato Quiche
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 60 min
- ¼ cup of flaxseed (linseed) meal
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 200g cottage cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- small bunch of parsley
- 200g of bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Mix flaxseed, husk, egg and oil in a bowl.
- Press into the base of a shallow bowl or a cheese cake tin to about 1 cm thick.
- Blind bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Mix in cottage cheese, onion, parsley and bacon.
- When the base has cooled pour the egg mixture into the base and the top with slices of tomato.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes in the oven or until set and then serve with a side salad.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.