Baked Barramundi with Tomato and Basil
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 barramundi fillets, approx 100g each
Tomato and basil sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, removed from stalk and chopped
- 1 bunch basil, removed from stalk and chopped
- 400g tin tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4 cups non- starchy vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a frying pan, sauté the garlic in olive oil, add parsley, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and lemon zest and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Season the barramundi and place flat on a sheet of foil. Generously cover the fish with the tomato sauce and then sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Wrap fish in the foil, making sure it does not leak. Place in a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve the barramundi with 1 cup of green salad or vegetables per person.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates.