Baked Stuffed Eggplant
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 2 h
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 200g canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 serve of animal or vegetable protein per person
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, scoop out the flesh (reserve for later), season outer with salt and place in the fridge.
- Heat half the oil in saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add eggplant flesh, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, parsley, salt & pepper, simmer for approx 20-30 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Spoon mixture into eggplant shells then place side by side in an oven dish.
- Pour remaining oil, lemon juice and boiling water around eggplants, until half way up their sides.
- Cover and cook in the oven for approx 1 hour, until tender.
- Let cool in liquid. Serve without liquid and garnish with chopped parsley and 200- 300g of protein of your choice.
FAST start Y Trimsition Y Body trimming Y
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.