Beef Tomato and Pea Curry
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 400g steak, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, crushed
- 1 cup water or beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan and gently fry onion and chilli until onion is golden.
- Add cumin, turmeric and curry powder and stir well.
- Add the beef, brown slightly and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and ginger, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes, peas, water or stock and reduce heat. Simmer until the meat is cooked.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.