Serves 12 (2 balls per serve)
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup almond meal/ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp ground LSA (Linseed, Sunflower Seeds & Almonds)
- 1 cup coconut, desiccated
- 2 serves* vanilla flavoured whey protein powder (choose a high protein, low carb powder such as Aussie Bodies Perfect Protein or 100% Whey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a small shallow tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl combine the honey and olive oil, then add the oats and mix.
- Spread the oat mix onto the greaseproof- papered tray and place in the oven (near the top), cook for approximately 5 minutes until lightly browned. Keep a close eye on these so they don’t burn!
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and whizz until well combined.
- Add the honeyed oats to the food processor and mix to combine.
- Shape into 24 bite-sized balls and press with a fork for that ‘cookie’ effect.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
*1 serve of high protein, low carb powder generally contains 20- 25g of protein and minimal carbohydrates. Note- Bodytrim meal replacement shake powder is not high protein, low carb.