Butterflied Lamb with Strawberry Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35-45 mins
- 600g butterflied leg of lamb
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, juiced
- 1 large bag of baby spinach leaves
- 250g strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Dry Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 50g Australian Fetta, crumbled
- Preheat a barbecue or char-grill on high.
- In a food processor, blend mint, oil, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until mint is finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat lamb with 2 tbs dressing and marinate at room temperature while barbecue preheats, turns occasionally. Reserve remaining dressing for serving
- Cook on the barbecue for 5 minutes each side. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 15 minutes to rest.