Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Indian five spice mix (or a mix of fenugreek, nigella, cumin, black mustard and fennel seeds)
1 tsp fresh turmeric root, grated
1 tsp fresh ginger root, peeled & grated
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground paprika
1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 ½ cup waxy potatoes (or kumara) cut into 3cm cubes
Chickpeas 1.5 cans drained, reduced salt
2 chillies, sliced, seeds removed
400ml vegetable stock, salt reduced
6 cups cauliflower florets
400g tomatoes, canned, no added sugar and reduced salt
1 ½ cups peas, frozen
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp coriander leaves, fresh & chopped
Plain Greek yoghurt to serve (optional)
1 serve of low- starch fruit per person (for dessert)
- Heat oil in a large frypan and sweat the spices, stirring until the aroma is released.
- Add the spring onions and sweat until translucent.
- Add the potato pieces, drained chickpeas and chilli and fry over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer the curry over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer until the potatoes and cauli are cooked to your liking. Stir several times during cooking.
- Add the tomatoes and peas and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the curry into 6 bowls, pour over a dollop of Greek yoghurt, sprinkle with the chopped coriander leaves and serve.