Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 30g peeled ginger, shredded
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup Shaoxing wine
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed white peppercorns
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 garlic stem, thinly sliced diagonally
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Add mushroom and bring back to boil then remove from heat, drain and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Heat oil in a wok, add ginger and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until fragrant then add the chicken and stir until fully cooked.
- Add stock, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce and white peppercorns and bring to the boil.
- Add mushrooms and garlic stem, and remove from heat.
- Ladle evenly among serving bowls and serve.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.