Chicken Breast with Roast Vegetables
Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into 1 cm rounds
- 1 green capsicum, chopped into 1cm rounds
- 2 red onions, chopped into 1cm rounds
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 1cm rounds
- 1 large field mushroom, chopped into 1cm slices
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, skins removed
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme, basil or parsley
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken, one teaspoon of olive oil, rosemary, one teaspoon of garlic and one teaspoon of salt into a bowl and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Wash and slice all the vegetables, leaving the garlic and tomatoes whole. Toss all the vegetables and garlic together in a large roasting pan with a little olive oil, thyme, water, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and golden brown.
- In a frying pan add a little olive oil and, once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the chicken in a bed of roasted vegetables.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.