Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 40 min
- 8 skinless chicken thigh cutlets, fat trimmed
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1 leek (white part only) thickly sliced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup pitted green or kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp baby capers, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove top leaves from rosemary sprigs and set aside, while coarsely chopping the rest.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick deep fry pan. Brown chicken pieces on each side for 5 minutes (2.5 on each side). You may need to do this in two batches.
- Transfer chicken to an ovenproof deep dish.
- Then reduce heat of the saucepan and add capsicum and leek and stir for 1 minute. Add paprika and tomato paste and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add the chicken stock and increase heat to high and bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to the pan along with any resting juices and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through (reduce heat if needed during cooking, or cover with foil).
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.