Chicken Hot Pot
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 1.5 h
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 can baby corn
- 1/2 cup red capsicum, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, cut into quarters
- ½ cup green beans, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 chicken drumsticks, skinless
- 400g can tomato, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180° degrees
- Heat a saucepan on moderate heat and add oil.
- Coat each drumstick with the corn flour and then brown each drumstick on all sides for about 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and place in an oven-proof dish with a lid.
- Add onion and garlic in the same saucepan and cook until transparent.
- Add the remaining vegetables along with the oyster sauce and chicken stock and cook for two minutes.
- Place all the saucepan ingredients into the oven-proof dish covering the chicken drumsticks.
- Cook in the oven for 60 minutes, Once cooked, remove oven dish from the oven and top with chopped coriander and serve.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.