Chilli Con Carne with Vegetables
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g lean mince
- 400g can diced tomato
- 200g can red kidney beans, drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 cups capsicum and celery, diced
- Heat oil in pan, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add chilli and cumin and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef mince, stirring until browned, add tomatoes, red kidney beans, tomato paste, stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in capsicum and celery and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.