Lentil Pattie with Mustard and Vinegar Dressed Salad
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp of almond dukkah
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups corn kernels
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic dressing
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 cups mixed baby salad leaves
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°degrees.
- Process the chickpeas in food processor, until a smooth mixture is formed.
- In a bowl combine pureed chickpeas, brown lentils, dukkah and the egg, and mix thoroughly.
- Form into patties and lightly dust in flour.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While patties are cooking, assemble salad by combining lettuce , corn, tomatoes, onion and cucumber in a bowl.
- Once patties are cooked drain on paper towel and serve with salad.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.