Clear Prawn Thai Soup
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 8 Chinese or button mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of honey
- 12 prawns, peeled
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 1 lemon grass stalk, halved lengthways and gently crushed to release the flavour
- 1 red chilli
- salt and pepper to season
- fresh coriander to garnish
- To rehydrate Chinese mushrooms, place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water and soak for approximately 35 minutes.
- Place the stock, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar and the honey in a heavy based pan. Bring to a medium heat, always stirring, until gently simmering.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, lemongrass, chilli and mushrooms and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.