Country Vegetable and Bacon Soup
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 bacon rashers, trim & chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, chopped
- 400g can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 4 cups vegetables tock
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bacon and cook, stirring over a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add garlic, carrot and celery and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomato, kidney beans and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cabbage and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley and stir through, then ladle into bowls and serve.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.