Fillet Steak with Tarragon and Asparagus
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 x 100g fillet steaks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400g asparagus
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 100 ml white wine
- 25 ml thicken cream
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- Salt & pepper to season
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody ends. Blanch the asparagus in salted, boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in frying pan and gently toss the asparagus for 1-2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Sweat the shallots in a sauce-pan until translucent. Add the wine and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream, mustard, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. Infuse over a low heat.
- BBQ, grill or fry the steaks as you prefer.
- Serve the steaks on the asparagus and spoon the sauce over.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.