Fish with Spinach, Lemon & Pine Nuts Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
3 large handfuls of spinach
Small carton of cherry tomatoes
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp pine nuts
2x 100-150g fish fillets (white fish such as barramundi or snapper)
1 tsp butter
Handful of parsley, finely chopped
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 cup peas, boiled (or other starchy carb option)
- Squeeze half the lemon and quarter the other half.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add the spinach and tomatoes and heat gently for a few minutes.
- Add half the lemon juice and season with a little salt & pepper.
- In a second, smaller pan lightly toast the pine nuts.
- Lightly season the fish fillets with a little salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a frying pan and fry the fish for 2 minutes each side before placing on a warm plate. To the same pan add the spring onion, parsley and remaining lemon juice and cook gently for 1 minute. Spoon over the fish and serve with lemon wedges, spinach, tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Serve with boiled peas or other choice of starchy carbohydrate.