Five Spice Chicken and Cucumber Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 400g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups lettuce
- Place tamari, sherry, five spice powder and 1 tbsp peanut oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Combine the cucumber, mint, lettuce and vinegar in a bowl, stir until mixed well.
- Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a wok or pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until just cooked through. Return all the chicken to the pan, add the green onion and cashews and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with cucumber salad.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.