Home Made Baked Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 400g tin, four bean mix
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400g tin, diced tomatoes
- Salt, pepper for seasoning
- 1 Tbsp parsley and lemon thyme
- Zest of one lemon
- Parsley to serve
- 2 slice of wholemeal or multi-grain toast
- Drain & rinse bean mix.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low then add bean mix, tomatoes, herbs, spices and zest, leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with toast and sprinkling of parsley