Hot and Sour Seafood Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 200g tofu
- 200g prawns
- ½ cup bamboo shoots
- 4 fresh mushrooms
- 6 cups water (or 5 cups water and 1 cup chicken stock)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white rice vinegar, or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cut tofu into small squares. Cut bamboo shoots into thin strips and then into fine slices.
- Cut off the stems of the mushrooms and cut into thin strips.
- Bring the water to a boil. When it is boiling, add the bamboo shoots, mushrooms. Stir.
- Add the tofu. Bring back to a boil and add the seafood. Stir in the seasoning ingredients. Test the broth and adjust the taste if desired (if using chicken broth, you may want to add a bit more vinegar).
- Mix the cornstarch and water. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup, stirring while it is being added. Let the broth come back to a boil. As soon as it is boiling, remove the broth from the stove.
- Slowly drop in the beaten egg, stirring in one direction at the same time.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.