Indian Lentil Stew
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 500g soup vegetables (leek, carrot, celeriac)
- 1 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- a good pinch of coriander
- a pinch of ground cloves
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g red lentils (husked)
- 100 g chick-peas (tinned)
- a few coriander leaves to garnish
- Prepare the vegetables as appropriate for each type and chop. Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan, take out and cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sweat the vegetables, then add the cardamom, coriander, cloves, salt and pepper. Add the stock and the red lentils. Simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes, then drain the chick-peas and add to the stew.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve into bowls. Sprinkle with cashew nuts and garnish with coriander leaves.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.