Italian Beef and Lentil Soup
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1.5 h
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 whole zucchini, chopped
- 100g lean steak beef, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry lentils, (brown)
- 2 whole beef stock cube, dissolved in 4 cups hot water
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Place onion, garlic, zucchini, beef, oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, lentils, and stock in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover saucepan with a lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1½ hrs or until meat is tender and lentils are cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add basil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person