Lamb Shanks on a bed of Tomatoes and Capsicum
Prep Time: 4 hours 15 min
Cooking Time: 1.5 h
- 2 small lamb shanks
- 3 tsp olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 stalks each of parsley, marjoram, rosemary and thyme
- 1 strips each of orange and lemon peel
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400g tomatoes
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 large yellow capsicum
- 125ml meat stock
- 60ml dry white wine
- Wipe the lamb shanks.
- Carefully wash the herbs, shake dry and chop finely.
- Mix the herbs with 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on the lamb shanks. Leave to stand for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (with top and bottom heat).
- Peel and halve the garlic cloves.
- Brush a baking tray with the rest of the olive oil. Put the lamb shanks, garlic, orange and lemon peel on the baking tray.
- Roast for about 1.5 hours, basting frequently with the meat juices.
- Wash the tomatoes. Trim, wash and quarter the capsicums.
- After 1 hour roasting time put the vegetables on the baking tray with the meat and add the meat stock and white wine.
- When done, transfer the lamb shanks and vegetables to a large serving dish and serve with the strained roasting juices.
During Trimsition and Body Trimming phases add 1 serve of starchy carbohydrates per person.