Lean Steak with Mustard Sauce and Crunchy Almond Beans
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 200g rump steak, fat trimmed
- 1 handful green beans, top and tailed
- ¼ cup flakes almonds, lightly toasted
- 4 zucchini, chopped in half and then sliced into batons
- 1 carrot, chopped in half and then sliced into batons
- 1 handful snow peas
- packet of baby corn
- 2 tsp olive oil
Mustard and onion sauce
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 small onion, chopped finely
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Add steaks to one side and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side (turning once) and add beans and snow peas to the other side and toss regularly to ‘stir fry’.
- While steaks are cooking, steam carrots, zucchini and corn in a steamer over saucepan (be careful not to over steam).
- Remove steaks and beans from pan, and place on plates. Sprinkle beans with flaked almonds.
- To the pan add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Then add the mustard and beef stock and simmer for 2 minutes, until it reduces.
- Lastly add fresh parsley to sauce.
Serve steak with steamed vegies, green beans and pour warm mustard sauce over everything.
FAST start N Trimsition Y Body trimming Y