Omelette with onion, tomato, mushrooms and herbs
Cook time 10-15 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh or dried basil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tsp olive oil for the frying pan
- 1 slice of wholemeal or multi-grain toast
- Whisk eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour mixture into the pan and leave for 3-5 minutes until cooked through. With a spatula, flip half of the omelette onto the other and tip onto a plate.
- Serve with toast and a little salt and pepper to taste.