Prep time: 15- 20 mins
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 tsp black peppercorn, freshly crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 ½ Tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- ½ sprig fresh curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp ginger, crushed
- 1 Tbsp garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 500g fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cups chickpeas, tinned and drained
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 slice toasted rye bread per serve*
- Side salad of lettuce greens, tomato and cucumber
*Trimsition and Bodytrimming phase only
- For the marinade, mix together ingredients 1 – 9.
- Marinate the mushrooms in this mixture and put aside for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Toss the mushroom mixture and chickpeas in the hot oil until the marinade has cooked for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot on toasted rye with a side dish of salad.