Home Forums Think Plateau Reply To: Plateau

Louise
Participant

Hi Julia
I have found that if I have a poached egg on wholemeal toast for breakfast or a bowl of oats, then salad at lunch and a dinner with protein and veg/salad (with protein snacks say at 10.30am and 3.00pm) and drink lots of water it helps. I know we can have quinoa and brown rice, but I have found if I have these earlier in the day and avoid them at dinner, it makes a difference – for me anyway. I’ve only just finished my first week on the new program but this was how I did it on the old program and have found that I’ve managed to replace sandwiches at lunch time with salads of chicken (buy the roast chicken from coles and shred it and keep it in the fridge) and then I add lots of greens and tomatoes …. celery is great as it fills me up …. and then cucumber, asparagus, red onion – all the non starchy vegies. I’ve also been buying natural mineral water which I’m really enjoying. This is what I’m doing and as I said – only my first week, but I will see what pans out at weigh-in next Monday. I’ve decided to weigh myself once a week too as the scales can go up and down each day and I don’t want to be disillusioned. Louise 🙂