Home Forums Think About to begin……

This topic contains 24 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Kylie 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Rebecca
    Participant

Hi all,

I am ready to begin tomorrow, and I would just like to introduce myself. 🙂

I am a previous Trimmer from the old version. I lost 24kg’s on the old version about 3.5years ago, however I’m an emotional eater and have been through stressful times. I have been real good at finding excuses recently. I just want to be as happy and mentally strong (not to mention as light) as I was back then, plus some if possible.

I would love for those of you who are currently on the program, or even like me and just beginning to share your story and experience so far on BT.

Any tips are also encouraged. 😛

I’ll keep in touch.

Bec 🙂

Judith
    Participant

Hi I too am staring on day four all is going well so far. Life gets in my way most of the time, just when you think you can do this something or someone will get me of track. Very easy to do this . Hoping I will stay focused and continue this as a lifestyle instead of a diet.

Mel
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    I am beginning today, hopefully the silly season allows me to be successful!
    Any ideas for Days 1-3?
    Thankyou and goodluck!
    Mel

Robina
    Participant

Hi everyone I lost 38kgs over 7mths on the Old Version of Bodytrim & have kept it off for more than 4yrs because I continue eating the Bodytrim way. The lack of hunger makes me feel really good so why spoil that comfortable feeling by piling on the Carbs & Sugars that give me cramps. Plus the constant compliments about how I look are wonderful.
    But now I want to lose another 5kgs to get down to my BMI so I’m looking forward to enjoying this 12 week journey.
    Good luck to all of you – dont feel guilty if you slip & don’t weigh yourself the next day – simply go back to basics for a couple of days & your body will adjust. And plz never give up because you will look & feel wonderful once you reach your goal.
    Robina?

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi everyone, thanks for introducing yourself on our forum.
    We love hearing about your personal stories and how wonderful you are in supporting each other.
    Make sure you enjoy the festive season but remember the key is in eating with moderation. Don’t ruin all your great progress. Good luck!
    The BT team.

Rebecca
      Participant

Robina, That sounds super encouraging! Thanks for sharing. I must admit Only day 8 now and I have not been perfect…. close kinda… but definitely not perfect. I’m not going to sweat the small stuff and keep on ploughing through.

Mel, I hope you’re travelling well so far. Nearly over the Fast faze. I was super craving coffee those days! I felt better after them though, apart from a mild headache there from kicking the toxins, but it didn’t last.

Judith, Good Luck! I believe in us all. We can motivate, encourage and help each other through. The beginning is always the hardest, but if we want to stop having to start over we must not quit. 🙂

Wishing you all a safe and Merry Christmas. Don’t be too hard on yourselves. 😉

KATHY
      Participant

Hi I have been on the old Bodytrim years ago and lost about 15kg in a few months it was great. I have had an injury and have not been able to exercise at all and need to lose 30kg to get to This is quiet different to the other Bodytrim program so I am a little confused about the programs rules. For day 1-3 Is it 3 shakes one morning one lunch and one dinner? Then 2 cups of low carbs vegies with 100g of meat and 2/3L of water?
      I’m on day one its 3pm and I have had 2 shakes so far and lots of water and surprisingly I’m not hungry at all.
      Thank you
      Kate

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy,

For days 1- 3 we recommend 3 shakes a day; 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch and 1 for afternoon tea. Then for dinner 100g of protein and 2 cups of low starch vegetables (check the Food Servings Guides for the foods we allow for each phase). During phase 1 (and all phases) we also recommend 2- 3 L of water and low intensity exercise- this could be walking, cycling, swimming or treading water, or something like gentle yoga, what ever is easiest for you with your injury.

For phase two of the program -Trimsition (which you are probably due to go on by now), we recommend 2 shakes per day; 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch, and 2 protein snacks (morning and afternoon tea), then for dinner a balanced meal consisting of 1 serve of protein, 2 serves of low starch carbohydrates (could be a mix of veg and fruit), and 1 serve of starchy carbs. Check out the Food Servings Guides or food lists to see the types of foods recommended during this phase.Also in phase 2; 2- 3 L of water and low intensity exercise- as much as manageable for you.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Kim
    Participant

Just about to start and just wondering, can you drink Coke Zero whilst completing this program?

I don’t think so but just can’t find any info on it.

Rebecca
    Participant

Kim,

In the old program Geoff Jowett said that any coke Zero product was fine also Pepsi Max, Sprite Zero etc, because the main enemy was sugar. However, this new program mentions nothing “packaged” including all soft drinks, sugar free or not.

I found when I first started the old program, especially in the first 3 day detox phase, I had to drink so much water that I really couldn’t fit any other drink in anyway.

I wouldn’t stress if you have one here or there, (in my opinion only, you don’t want to deprive yourself) but perhaps try get your water in first then see how you feel after that. 2-3L per day is recommended!

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kim and Rebecca,

In general we recommend trying to stay away from artificially sweetened soft drinks- they are still very sweet in taste and it is thought that they may not help in reducing sugar cravings because your body is still being subjected to this high level of sweetness. First and foremost we recommend water, soda water with a squeeze of lemon or lime, or herbal teas (these can even be cooled and drunk cold).

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Dianne
    Participant

Hi, starting tomorrow!! wish me luck

Kaye
      Participant

Good Luck, how have you gone in the last 2 weeks?

Kaye
    Participant

Hi People, I wish you all the very best in achieving your goals, Good Luck to all of you.

I however, am going to include this Body trim shake thing into my diet after I go to the gym, I cannot see
    a time where I would be able to detox and have 3 shakes a day then a meal of vege’s. That will not work for me,
    so I will see how I go on this, I have my son’s wedding in 4 weeks, and I am hoping to get into a nice dress
    for that 🙂 I also work shiftwork so it’s hard to do a breakfast, lunch and dinner thing, although I have stocked
    my fridge with healthy foods for the next week, so at least I will be eating much better than I was before.

Once again, Good Luck,

KayeE

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

We are sorry to be losing you Kaye but best of luck! Yes, make sure you arm yourself with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and protein rich snacks. Try include a good source of quality protein with each meal to help you feel fuller for longer.

All the best Kaye.

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Kim
    Participant

Starting tomorrow have done the old diet but this one is new to me !!!

BT Team Member
      Keymaster

Hi Kim, How are you going with the Bodytrim program?

Linda
    Participant

Hi i am on day 1 just trying to figure everything out and get my head around not eating much since i am a big snacker

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Welcome!

Many find the first three days the most difficult to get through with three shakes a day and the one protein + non-starchy carb meal for tea.

Make sure you keep you water intake up, herbal teas can be great for a bit of flavour, also soda water with a squeeze of lemon or lime.

If you are really struggling with the timing between meals you could always split your dinner meal in two (2x 50g of protein and 1 cup of non-starchy veg) and have these at separate times.

If you really do need something to nibble on then your best option would be non-starchy vegetables; a tomato, couple of radishes, cucumber, celery or capsicum- these are all low calorie options.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Joanne
    Participant

Hi.
    I’m on day 1 today. Aiming to lose 20kg.
    I live in sunshine coast, QLD

Keryn
      Participant

Hi Joanne
      I am bout to start tomorrow 4 Jan. I have used the old style body trim in the past so this is different this time. I am hoping I can get my routine sorted before going back to work so that I don’t have to worry about food issues.

I have a lot to loose. 70Kgs there about is the dream amount. But I will break it down into stages to keep it more achievable and not look like a massive mountain to climb as such. So my first goal is to loose around 4kgs before going back to work. I think it is achievable and then to look at 5kgs each month as a starting goal.

Good luck and let me know how you go. You are only 1 day ahead of me.

Keryn

BT Team Member
    Keymaster

Welcome back to the Bodytrim program Keryn! Awesome results last time. Remember how great that felt to achieve that weight loss and keep it top of mind this time round too! Best of luck 🙂

Joanne
    Participant

Hi.
    I’m starting on 8th Jan now.. tomorrow..
    How are you going

Keryn
    Participant

Hi Joanne,

Not to bad, I actually didn’t end up starting until Saturday (yesterday) so just finishing day 2. A little hungry at times but it passes. Drinking plenty of water, but the downside to that is frequent bathroom trips..lol

Keeping busy keeps your mind off of it, and each time I went to the bathroom I pictured it as getting rid of unwanted fat. lol I Know initially you loose a lot of fluid but if I picture it like that I feel more positive. Its all mind games really..

Good luck for tomorrow.

Kylie
      Participant

Hi Keryn and Joanne,

I’m on day 3 today – like both of you, I have a substantial amount of weight to lose. So many similarities here – I’m trying to get into a rhythm and routine, as well as lose a few kilos, before I go back to work in a couple of weeks. Feels like I have found a couple of soul sisters! Anyway, so far so good. Keeping busy helps (takes the mind off food!).
      Looking forward to the phase where I can have a glass of wine though. This is my vice, along with chocolate – but hey, I cant have that so I’m happy to settle for one glass a week 😉

All the best ladies,

Kylie

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.