Home Forums Eat Allergic to Salicylates

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

mindy.thorpe
    Participant

Hi I am allergic to salicylates and react very badly to almonds, cinnamon, pineapple, capsicum,eggplant oranges, kiwi fruit and strawberries. Is there an alternative to cinnamon please and also to the capsicum.The others I can work around but not sure about the first three thanks.

Is there something I can swap the almond meal out in the recipe for the lemon protein balls.

cheers
    Mindy

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Mindy,

As an alternative to cinnamon you could perhaps use a little cocoa (depending on the recipe), or you could simply go without (the cinnamon is more for providing flavour than any significant amount of macronutrients).

An alternative to capsicum could be any other non- starchy vegetable source really, such as cabbage, celery, leek or lettuce.

As for the protein balls you could perhaps try blending up a mix of nuts and/or seeds that you are able to tolerate such as cashews, perhaps sunflower seeds, pecans and hazelnuts if you are able to manage these.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.