Home Forums Eat Amount of sugar in the Body trim fast shake

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Jennifer
    Participant

I have been doing a bit of reading and a number of websites say that you should avoid shakes with a high sugar content. I notice that the Body trim fast shake has 19.6g of sugar. Can you please clarify that this is okay when there appear to be others on the market that are lower in sugar. The sugar content concerns me, but maybe it can be explained. Thanks

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

As these shakes are Meal Replacements they need by law to contain a certain amount of energy (number of Calories) so as to provide the body with sustenance. Some of this energy/Calories is provided by sugars. The majority of sugars in the FAST Shakes is naturally occurring lactose (milk sugar) which is coming from the milk ingredients used in these shakes rather than added sugars.
    Not all protein shakes are suitable as meal replacement shakes. Some high protein, low carbohydrate and low calorie protein shakes may not be designed to be used in place of meals and may not meet the requirements to be meal replacements.

I hope this helps clarify.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.