Home Forums Move Any low impact exercises for a broken leg?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Michael
    Participant

Hi there.

I was wondering if there was any low impact exercises for someone who is 8 months out from a broken leg. As you may have known, it is still extremely uncomfortable to walk, let alone walk 10,000 steps a day. Any help would be appreciated.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Cycling, swimming/treading water, yoga and lifting small hand weights are all great low impact exercises that would be great alternatives to walking. If you are able to mix things up you will get the benefit of working different muscle groups. Swimming or treading water in particular are great forms of resistance type exercise and very good for injuries because of the minimal impact on joints and healing bones.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Debbie
    Participant

Hello,
    just wondering i did bodytrim years ago with the dvds and the book which i found excellent and i didn’t really do much exercise at all….is exercise essential to the diet now..???
    Look froward to your reply
    Debbie

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie,

We do recommend exercise as a part of this program yes. Any benefits you are likely to get from this program will only be improved by including regular physical activity each day. This physical activity does not have to be strenuous at all, it could be doing a few light laps at the pool, a short walk or even a low intensity yoga class. You could incorporate this exercise into your daily routine by choosing to take the stairs instead of the lift, by parking a little further away from the supermarket entrance or getting outside and walking the block in your lunch break. Any type of physical activity is as good for the mind as it is for the waistline, and you should find that the positive feelings you get from including regular physical activity will impact all aspects of your life. If you are unsure just start gradually and see how you feel.

Keep us posted!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.