Home Forums Eat Breakfast during Body trimming phase

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Rose
    Participant

Hi there,

I really love having avocado on a slice of rye bread for breakfast.
    With the formula for breakfast in the Bodytrimming phase:

1 x starch or non-starch carb (this can be the rye)
    2 x proteins

Can half an avocado, as a good fat be substituted for something here?

Many thanks!

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Rose,

1 slice of rye bread would be your 1 serve of starchy carbs yes 🙂

As per the Food Servings Guide avocado is allowed (listed under Oils & Fats), however, we do recommend 1 serve as 1/4 of an avocado and no more than 2 serves in total of any of the fats or oils in the list. Therefore you could add avocado to any of your meals just keep this limit in mind.

You would then just need to add your 2 serves of protein to the meal, this could be in the form of scrambled eggs (1 cup of reduced fat milk + 2 eggs), or 2 eggs + 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt, 2 eggs + 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 100g salmon + 2 eggs or 1/2 a cup of legumes.

Enjoy!

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Rose
    Participant

Great! Thanks so much for such a comprehensive answer 🙂

david
    Participant

Good Morning

I just love the eggs poached in tomatoes. I didn’t have any coriander so I substituted it with rocket. Is this ok to do..?

David

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi David,

No problem with doing this at all!

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Hi I have been having 2 weetbix covered with a shake made up of 1 serve natural weigh protein and 200ml skimmed milk ?

Is this a suitable breakfast once ketosis has been induced ?

Steve

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

The breakfast meal during the third phase of Bodytrim consists of 2 serves of protein and 1 serve of starchy or non- starchy carbs, therefore you could have 1 serve of a high protein, low carb protein powder, 1 cup of milk and 1 weetbix.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Rose
    Participant

Hi, one more question please. With my smoothie, above, can I use almond milk instead of regular milk?
    Thanks,
    Rose

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Rose,

Unfortunately almond milk (and also rice milk) is really quite low in protein (approximately 1g of protein per 250ml) so it’s not a suitable replacement for cows milk (9g per 250ml), or soy milk (roughly 7g per 250ml).

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Rose
    Participant

I thought this might be the case. Thanks for reply 🙂

bellad1
      Participant

Hi, I’m a little confused as to which cows milk is best, Full Fat is best compared to skim milk & reduced fat? Also soy milk? What do you look for on the label? Is there anywhere on BT website that you can refer to for questions like these? How much per serve or per 100g to look for etc.?
      Thank you,
      Donna

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

Great question! We have found that some people prefer full fat milk and simply detest reduced fat while others prefer reduced fat milk. For this reason we have listed both full fat and reduced fat options on our Food Servings Guide, however, because full fat milk is higher in saturated fats and does have a higher calorie count we have suggested a limit of no more than 1 serve (equivalent to 1 cup or 250ml) per day.

Soy milk is a great alternative option for those who might not tolerate dairy so well. Soy milk is nutritionally very similar to cow’s milk, especially if you choose one that is fortified with calcium.

The forums are great places to find answers to commonly asked questions. Have you found the Bodytrim Food Servings Guide on the website? This guide tells you what a serving size is for many different types of foods. Depending on the type of food, the level of different macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and protein) it contains can differ quite a bit, so it is a little difficult to give you an exact amount per 100g to look for that will cover all food types. We suggest using the Food Servings Guide and if there are any foods you are unsure about feel free to message us on the forum.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.