Home Forums Eat Chia PUdding?? as a snack?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  johnwend 6 months ago.

• Author

dale.tony.perkins
    Participant

Hi BodyTrim community

I have recently found some Chia pudding recipes online that claim to be a good “protein snack”, but I wanted to open this up to you folk as I am no expert.

Core ingredients are: 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 cup of milk (I am using coconut milk) and half a teaspoon of both vanilla essence and stevia sweetener. The cool thing about this pudding is all the different styles you can cook:

-Peanut butter and raspberries blended into the milk (think peanut butter and jam)
    -Cocoa Powder & crushed nuts (macadamia nuts sound good)
    -coconut flakes and lemon zest
    -Soaking any choice of tea bag in the milk overnight will also help give you heaps of different flavors

So as you can see, I am pretty excited about this dish, which I why I wanted to check with you that this dish is actually Bodytrim compliant?

Let me know your thoughts
    Kind Regards
    Dale Perkins

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Dale,

Great to hear from you!

2 Tbsp of chia seeds should give you about 6g of protein which is similar to the amount of protein found in 1 egg and would therefore be a suitable amount for a protein snack.

Coconut milk tends to be higher in saturated fats and calories, an unsweetened (no added sugar) almond milk would be a better option to use.

Soaking a tea bag in milk overnight is a great idea and would be the most suitable of the above recipes.

Cocoa powder and crushed nuts: Cocoa powder is fine, but just be careful not to go overboard with the nuts- remember no more than 1 serve per day of these.

Coconut flakes & lemon zest: Lemon zest is fine. Coconut flakes/desiccated coconut should be treated like nuts so again don’t go overboard with this ingredient- as with nuts, no more than 1 serve per day.

Peanut Butter & Raspberries: We generally don’t recommend the addition of fruits to protein snacks so don’t go overboard- a very small handful should be sufficient. Peanut butter may be added so long as you don’t consume more than the 1 serve a day allowance for nuts.

You could also try cinnamon and a small amount/drop of honey, or Orange zest with cocoa.

This would be suitable as a once a day protein snack option.

Let us know how you go with these recipes! We would be keen to hear 🙂

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

johnwend
    Participant

Thanks Dale for posting this question – I opened my computer today to ask the very same thing! I made some pudding on the weekend with coconut milk and just had it with a few cacao nibs – must say I just like it plain but thanks BT Nutritionist I may try with almond milk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.