Home Forums Eat Diet soft drinks

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author

Louise
    Participant

I have just started Bodytrim today using the new program. Are we allowed to drink diet soft drinks during the program? Can you please confirm.
    Many thanks!
    Louise

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Louise,

Soft drinks are not recommended on this program. We suggest drinking plenty of water. Green tea is also a great alternative.
    Thanks and good luck with achieving your weight loss goal!
    BT team

Louise
    Participant

Thanks for this. Are we allowed diet jelly or anything along those lines (i.e. diet cordial in mineral water)? Just to try and think of things to help with snacking and cravings.
    If we have a diet soft drink is it detrimental to the plan?
    Is it something we can have from day 8 onwards or even after the detox part.
    Thanks! Louise

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Louise, I am so sorry but none of these are recommended as they are detrimental to the plan. I highly recommend following the program seriously because this is how you will truly achieve your weight loss goals. It is all about slowly changing your habits for a healthier and thinner version of yourself! Good luck, we are confident that you can do this! BT team

Louise
    Participant

Thank you so much for your swift reply! I must admit the first two days going without were hard, but I’ve now taken more liking to mineral water with ice! Each day gets easier I must say! Thanks again, Louise 🙂

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Louise,
    Just wanted to encourage you that removing these drinks can be hard at first but your body will soon be craving water and the results will be worth it. I try soda water with crushed lime. It’s really refreshing and is a nice change if you are struggling with water but you will get there.
    Best of luck with your weight loss goals.
    Cheers Rachael

kulani
    Participant

Hi I bought bodytrim in 2012 and i just bought the 12 week online weight loss program is it different from the bodytrim I bought in 2012 because this one has shakes…..?

Louise
      Participant

Thanks so much for this tip Rachael. I’ll definitely give it a try!

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kulani,

There are a few changes to the bodytrim program. The revised program begins with a three day FAST Start phase, where instead of the high protein, low carbohydrate ‘Detox Phase’ (old program) we have now incorporated bodytrim FAST Shakes. These FAST Shakes are different to the previous bodytrim protein shakes which were recommended as snack options. The new FAST shakes are nutritionally balanced ‘Meal Replacement’ Shakes. They can be used in place of a meal as a convenient, nutritiously balanced meal option. As these shakes are meal replacements they do need to contain a higher amount of energy/Calories so as to provide the body with some sustenance. Some of this energy/Calories does come from sugars however, the majority of sugars in the new FAST shakes is naturally occurring lactose (milk sugar) which is coming from the milk ingredients used in these shakes rather than added sugars.

Over the course of the program you reduce the number of meal replacement shakes and start to incorporate more whole foods into your diet. The new program is a bit more relaxed in terms of not being super high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fats. It is designed to assist you to incorporate healthier forms of carbohydrates and fats in the form of Balanced Meal Formulas – with the hope that these will give you a bit more freedom and variety with your meals, resulting in more sustainable dietary habits in the long term.

The best place to start would be to take a look at the ‘My Guides’ section to familiarise yourself with the structure of the program. Then the ‘My Food Guides’ section, which tells you a bit more about the types of foods, what phases of the program they are recommended for and how much per serve.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

kulani
    Participant

Thank you so much BT Nutritionistyou actually reply awesome for that. So which one is “better to loose weight”….and I am finishing today the old Bodytrim detox phase …..”can I continue after the detox protein only” with the new one?….

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kulani,

Our team have done a lot of research and we believe that the bodytrim re- loaded is a much more effective program for producing long term, sustainable results.
    Ideally you would begin the program with the three days of FAST Shakes (plus one high protein meal), but we would not suggest you do this if you have already completed the first three days of the original program. We suggest you now switch over to the ‘Trimstition’ phase of the new program which consists of FAST Shakes, protein snacks and one Balanced Meal for dinner.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Karen
    Participant

Hi, I’m on day 2 of the fast phase. I’m going out for tea tonight and usually order soda,lime and bitters. Is this allowed during fast phase? Regards Karen

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

We would recommend for the FAST Start phase that you skip the bitters, but freshly squeezed lime in soda water is a great option!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.