Home Forums Eat Fast Shakes

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Danielle
    Participant

I have just managed to get the Shakes and am on Day 4.. when are you supposed to have the Shakes, as Breakfast & lunch or as snacks? I am confused.
    Thanks

Elaine
    Participant

`

Lisa
      Participant

I have 4 kilos to loose I am happy to have shake for breakfast 30g nuts mid morning, shake for lunch and a body trim bar for afternoon tea followed by a healthy evening meal will this work. I am tired of counting calories

BT Nutritionist
      Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the program!

The plan you’ve described is the structure we suggest for the Trimsition phase of the program (the second phase) which lasts 4 days.

Following these four days we do recommend going onto the Body Trimming phase where you may have the Bodytrim shake for breakfast, a healthy, balanced meal for lunch and dinner and two protein snacks between meals.

During this third phase we work on introducing more nutritious whole foods into the diet so that we can help you to form some healthy food habits which you will be able to use following the program in order to maintain you weight loss. We’ve done all the calorie counting work for you so that so long as you follow the general rules of the program these meals will not be hugely calorie dense resulting in weight gain, rather they will help to keep you satiated and nourished.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Danielle
    Participant

found my answer

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Danielle,

Just to clarify, the FAST Shakes are used during the first three days for Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Tea. During the second phase (Days 4- 7) the FAST Shakes are used twice a day for Breakfast & Lunch. During the final Bodytrimming phase the FAST Shakes may be used for your breakfast meal if you wish, or you can choose to use our Breakfast Meal Formula.

King Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

tracey
    Participant

Hi I am about to start day 1 with the shakes. I have done BT in the past but the old system . So I just have the shakes for breaky lunch and afternoon tea? I don’t have a protein snack in between and the timing of the meals, is that been abolishes as well?
    Thanks Tracey

Neal
    Participant

Days 1-3, i had a shake for breakky, shake for lunch,protein snack about 3pm, 2 cups of vegies for tea, Shake about 730pm, I drank about 2 litres of water.. Hope this helps Tracey

tracey
    Participant

Thanks Neal,

That sounds good to me. I’d rather have a bite to eat in between the shakes, I survived day 1 by doing the shakes for breaky lunch and afternoon tea, but i did nibble on a small piece of chicken breast – I did like the old system but was so over protein by day 3!

Mark
    Participant

Day 1 – bought the shakes pack, but nowhere on the shakes does it tell you how to make them up. Do you make them on water, milk, skim milk???

I’m assuming water, but there are no directions to say so, and if you do have them on milk, does that mean they don’t work or are just less effective??

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

On the back of the sachets (bottom right corner) there should be a ‘To Prepare’ statement. We recommend mixing a sachet with 200ml of cold water and blending or shaking well to mix.
    When mixed with water the FAST Shakes are designed to provide you with a balanced source of nutrition, suitable for replacing a meal. If you were to have the shakes with milk this would significantly increase your calorie intake and therefore would not be as effective for the FAST Start phase.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Mark
    Participant

Found it – maybe it could be a bit more obvious – anyway I’m off and running.
    Thanks for the response

Kaye
    Participant

Hello, I’m starting Day 4 tomorrow…..does it bugger things up if you have the shakes in a different order? I exercise in the morning, the shake is great for breakfast, but I would prefer to have lunch as a meal and have the second shake for dinner. Snacks as per the plan. Is that ok?

Maureen
    Participant

Hi everyone!! I have just started using the shakes as well. I use the old bodytrim detox system & diet which is 3 days of protein etc etc .

I have just learnt about this new Bodytrim Fast Shakes system and like Kaye the lady who posted also, like her I prefer to have a shake for breakfast & dinner and my main meal at lunch.

I do 30 minutes of walking daily at 5-10 minute intervals & drink 2 – 3 litres of water a day.

I still intend to have a free meal day preferably on a Sunday

Then do a detox on the following day Monday.

Then do Tuesday to Saturday as the new program advises.

May I ask what BT nutritionist think please ? And of course any advice.

With the old system I have lost 1 kg per week so far and that has been 4 weeks πŸ™‚

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kaye,

It does not matter too much where you have the shakes within your day. If it is easier for you to switch your meals around and have a shake for dinner rather than lunch then this would be fine. Just make sure you stick to the meal recommendations i.e, which macronutrients and how much of each.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Maureen,

We support the structure and guidelines of the new program as we believe it is an improvement on the original. The new program is still high in protein, we have just included some additional but limited amounts of healthy carbohydrates and fats so that your body is able to get all the nutrients it needs during the program, and so that you are able to incorporate these foods into your everyday life for long term success.
    With the new program we recommend a Free Day as one free meal (during the third Body trimming phase), and following this day you simply go back to the usual eating structure of the Body trimming phase.
    If you wanted to switch around the meal structure and have a shake for dinner rather than lunch then this would be fine. It sounds like you are well on track with your exercise and fluid intake so well done πŸ™‚
    If you decide to do the program as you have outlined then this is entirely up to you but personally we don’t see any major advantage to cutting out healthy fats and carbohydrates and the beneficial nutrients- vitamins, minerals, fibre etc they provide, as mentioned, the new program is still a high protein diet.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Maureen
    Participant

Thank you for reply & your advice BT nutritionist !! With the new program do you still need to take a daily multivitamin & a daily omega 3 vitamin ??

Cheers

Maureen

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

No problem Maureen!

Taking a multivitamin and omega 3 may still be of benefit to some people. In general, if you make sure you are getting a wide variety of different types of nutrient dense foods, including lots of different coloured vegetables, and a serving of fish a couple of night a week then this should cover you. However, if you find yourself getting fatigued and don’t think your diet is covering your needs then a multivitamin could definitely be of benefit. Similarly if you suffer from joint pain and inflammation then an omega supplement may be beneficial.

(Love the profile photo!)

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Shelly
    Participant

Just wondering how come there is a lot of sugar in your meal replacements. When it seems like your diet is about cutting all sugars. It’s working great but am a little confused.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Shelly,

The new FAST shakes are nutritionally balanced β€˜Meal Replacement’ Shakes. The FAST Shakes are different to the previous Bodytrim shakes which were recommended as snack options. The FAST Shakes can be used in place of a meal as a convenient, nutritiously balanced meal option. As these shakes are meal replacements they do need to contain a higher amount of energy/Calories so as to provide the body with some sustenance. Some of this energy/Calories does come from sugars however, the majority of sugars in the new FAST shakes is naturally occurring lactose (milk sugar) which is coming from the milk ingredients used in these shakes rather than added sugars.

Many foods including milk and fruits will contain naturally occurring sugars, but we wouldn’t want you to cut these foods from your diet as they are also a source of many other beneficial nutrients- vitamins, minerals, fibre etc. We would rather focus on cutting down the added sugars in your diet.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Shelly
    Participant

Thankyou it’s working a treat..

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Great to hear Shelly!

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.