Home Forums Eat Fast Start says low-starch vegetables Food Serving Guide says you can eat Meat

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Janice
    Participant

I am confused with the FASTstart (Days 1-3) Guide (included with the shakes) where it says that you can eat 2 cups of low-starch vegetables but in the Food Serving Guide you are allowed Fish, Meats, Poultry and Eggs during FASTStart – please clarify this.

Jenny
    Participant

Hi Janice, I can tell you how I did it as I am now on day 8, if this isn’t too late for you now. Just for dinner have 100g protein and 2 cups of low starch vegs. for those 3 days. You can use soy sauce and pepper to flavour your food in the 3 days. Good luck. Jenny

Lynn
    Participant

Hi There
    I did this diet 5 years ago and it was very successful then. I have signed up and I still have the original book I purchased. Can I just eat protein for the first 3 days 50 – 100grams, 6 times per day? I am ready to start and I don’t have the shakes and actually prefer not to have them

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Janice,

For the first three days you will have a FAST Shake for Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon Tea. For Dinner we recommend 2 cups of non- starchy vegetables with 100- 150g of protein- this protein could be meat, fish, poutry, eggs etc.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Lynn,

If you have the old books an would like to do the original program you can of course follow the books.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

selina
    Participant

just wondering in the first 3 days am i able to have fruit instead of veggies or not?…

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Selina,

For the first three days of FAST Start we recommend only non- starchy vegetables with your protein meal. We introduce fruit during the Trimsition phase and you can have this within your Balanced Meal (as a non- starchy carbohydrate serve) if you wish. Take a look at the Food Servings Guides in the My Food Guides section.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.