Home Forums Move fitness

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

beth
    Participant

i am starting bodytrim tomorrow and i have noticed, to start with is low intensity for the exercise.
    does it really matter if its low as i go to the gym all the time doing cardio and weights. can i just keep doing the same exercise i do now?? will it matter??

Shai-Elyse
    Participant

Hi Beth,

I started yesterday! I’m guessing that because the first three days of ‘fasting’ requires minimal calorie intake it may not be good to burn off most or all of your intake with high intensity exercise leaving you with no fuel left in the tank of you know what I mean? Whereas from Day 4 onwards you are required to eat more protein and veg therefore giving you have more sustenance for higher intensity exercise? Hope this helps. It’s just my understanding ?

Shai-Elyse
    Participant

Excuse some of my wording errors! Ha ha

beth
    Participant

thanks for that info that totally makes sense i will go easy for the first 3 days until i can eat more regularly.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Beth,

Shai-Elyse is right, the first three days of the program are a bit more restrictive in terms of what you are eating so go a little easier on yourself with the high intensity exercise.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Keryn
    Participant

What do you suggest for someone that has not excercised in quite a while and has mobility issues to help them get to the 10000 steps or equivalent a day. I am doing the program with my mum, who can not go walking on her own due to said mobility issues. She needs someone to be with her to walk any real distance. She does not drive at the moment and requires on of us to take her shopping and stuff, and when we are all at work she is limited in what she can do.

Also its hard to get motivated to keep up walking when you are in pain. We have started off doing little walks of an evening and aim to build them up to bigger walks over time. This means she will not be getting her full exercise in each day. Will this hinder her too much.

sorry for the rant.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Keryn,

Have you thought of trying swimming or treading water? These are great low impact exercises, even if it’s just holding onto the side of the pool or an inflatable board and kicking, any form of movement is great and far better than doing nothing at all! Cycling on a stationary exercise bike, lifting small weights or even low intensity yoga classes (actual classes or a DVD or Youtube video) are other things you could possibly try.
    10,000 steps or equivalent is the ultimate goal but we do understand that this could be incredibly overwhelming for someone with limited mobility so just try and incorporate as much movement into each day as is comfortable. Don’t feel disheartened about not being able to manage the full 10,000 steps because as mentioned any kind of movement is a vast improvement on not doing any at all. Maybe you could log or write down the exercise you do each day so that you can work on improving each time or at least maintaining what is manageable for your mother.

If your mother is in pain then definitely don’t push it in attempt to make the 10,000 steps, just do what is comfortable for her.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.