Home Forums Eat Half serve protein snacks

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jackie 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Jackie
    Participant

Is it ok to have 1 full protein serves and 2 half serves a day? Eg half serve morning tea, full serve afternoon tea and half serve supper? As a diabetic i often need supper to regulate my bsl overnight, especially if im having dinner at 6pm but not going to bed until 10pm. When i can, I’ll forego my morning tea so have 1 full snack at afternoon and then supper.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Jackie,

Good question. In your case yes you could do this, although half a protein serve is quite small really. What phase of the program are you in?- During Trimstition & Bodytrimming you are allowed to have the ‘Balanced Meal Formula’ for dinner, and this meal includes 2 serves of non- starchy carbohydrates, you could perhaps have one of these serves with your dinner meal and save the other serve for later on in the evening meaning you could have a piece of fruit for supper. Would this work for you?

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Jackie
    Participant

Thanks for this advice. Im on day 5, so in the trimsition phase. Today i had 100g of turkey meatballs for morning tea, and then for afternoon tea ive had a coffee with 125ml of full cream milk (so half protein serve), and then will have another decaf coffee tonight with remaining milk allowance. Ive set my meal plan for rest of this phase by following BT recipes, so I’ll look at using 1 of the non-starchy serves as supper then.

Im just so impressed with the effect this program is having on my bsl already!! I usually take slow release tablets and slow reduce insulin of a night as fasting levels too high, but since starting on the program i havent needed the insulin!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.