Home Forums Eat How often should I be eating?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Michael
    Participant

Hi there. I was on the old BodyTrim program up until I broke my leg nearly 8 months ago and that program said I should eat every 2-3 waking hours per day. Now that the program has completely changed, how often should I have a meal or a snack in every phase?

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

You should still be able to eat every three hours as was recommended in the old program. For the initial FAST Start phase there is no mid morning snack but if you found that you were really hungry we would suggest a small serve of non- starchy carbs or soda water.
    During Trimstition and Body trimming phase there is breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner (as with the previous program) and you should be able to eat each meal within 3 hours of the previous one. There is no supper but if you find you are hungry after dinner we would suggest having one instead of two serves of non- starchy carbs for dinner and having your second serve a little later – perhaps a piece of fruit.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Christine
    Participant

I am confused about the non starch and starch foods, not sure what I can have.
    I have just finished my 1st week after my detox and trimsition week and when I weighed in I had gained 3kg. I had lost 5kg on the detox, trimsition week.
    This gain has made it hard for me to keep going as I feel I am eating wrongly.
    Help please.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

Non starchy carbohydrates include foods like your fibrous, green vegetables (i.e, brussel sprouts, broccoli, spinach, kale, asparagus and silverbeet), also the typical types of vegetables you might put in a summer salad such as tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, radishes and capsicum. These vegetables are lower in calories and carbohydrate than starchy vegetables which include root vegetables such as potato, sweet potato and parsnips, and also corn and green peas.
    In the My Food Guides section on this website we have a couple of articles; ‘Carbohydrates:Non- Starchy’ and ‘Carbohydrates:Starchy’ which could be worth taking a look at (please note zucchini is a non- starchy vegetable).

The Trimstition phase is a little higher in calories than the FAST Start phase, however, with the inclusion of 10,000 steps as exercise this should help. Sometimes it can take a while for your body to adjust and we encourage you not to give up but to stay consistent! If you would like to then send us an email at info@bodytrim.com.au we can discuss where you are at and how you are doing to see if there are any areas we can maybe tighten up on.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Christine
    Participant

Hi, I’m into my 2nd week of body trimming. Can you please tell me is there any chance I might be able to have 2 weetbix for breakfast, I don’t really like cooked breakfasts, I have tried them, I am currently having a shake but really miss my weetbix.
    Thankyou

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

Yes! Weetbix would be fine, we would recommend one rather than two though, this would be your carbohydrate serve so to make up a full breakfast you would need to add two serves of protein to this i.e, a serve of milk and a serve of nuts or 1/2 a cup of Greek yoghurt.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.