Home Forums Move Introduce myself and Weigh in

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  vasun_prasad 1 month ago.

• Author

Sue
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have just started this week and I still on the fast program.
    I currently weigh 114 kilos and need to be around 65 kgs.
    I am determined to give this a good go.

Just wondering should I be weighing myself daily or just once a week.

Thanks

Sue

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Thanks a lot for your message and welcome to the bodytrim program!
    We recommend that you weight yourself weekly only. Here is a link to an article that will give you tips on setting measurable goals and how to best check your progress:

Setting measurable goals

Any questions, please give us a shout.
    Good luck, we know you can do it!
    BT team

Mel
    Participant

Hi I’m Mel
    I weigh 123.4 kilos and started today.
    I’m having knee replacements in April and weight loss before surgery is a big factor. I’m a yoyo dieter.
    just the little bits I’ve read so far has amazed me
    I’m looking forward TO MY NEW JOURNEY. I’m hoping to be 75 kgs in the end but for now I just want to get under 100kgs I can’t wait

Ron
    Participant

My name is Ron, I was 94.5 kgs on the 1st of Feb and am down to 89.5. My goal is 79kgs. I am finding that riding my bike has been a huge factor in my weight loss. I encourage people to get on a bike!

Sue
    Participant

Hi Mel and Ron,
    Well together we can all do it and well done Ron for doing so well so far.

I realise I only do about 3-5000 steps a day so I am going to have to really step up my Sue

Sue
    Participant

I know I’m suppose to weigh myself once a week but I couldn’t wait. I feel a little disappointed that I have been on the shakes since Monday when I weighed myself at 112odd and this morning I am 111 odd. I thought I would have lost more by now as I am sticking to it making sure I am drinking 2 lets of water and the evening meal is 100g meat and 2 cups of salad, which I round out is a lot of food so I know when I do cook properly we don’t have that much so I know I am good with the evening meals.

I am on the shakes longer as I started straight away so really should be on day 4 but I am going with the emails I am getting sent each day following that.
    The only sugar I am having is in my hot milo that I have. I make it with a tsp of milo, hot water, dash of milk and 1 tsp sugar but I am only having a couple of cups a day.

Thanks

Sue

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Factors which can play a role in weight loss include your metabolic rate and hormones. Some people tend to eat irregular meals, so when small regular meals are added on Bodytrim, the metabolism needs a bit of time to adjust. This can also be the case for hormones needing to balance out. The best thing to do is to stay consistent and allow your body time to adjust to these changes.

Do keep in mind that the best way to lose weight and keep it off long term is to do it slowly but surely. A weight loss of roughly 500g per week is said to be a healthy and safe pace so going by this recommendation you are actually doing very well!

Body weight tends to fluctuate throughout the day so we wouldn’t recommend weighing yourself too often as you could understandably get discouraged. Try and stick to a once a week weigh- in and instead maybe focus more on how this way of eating and exercise is making you feel, perhaps you have more energy than usual, or you notice your mood has improved? Don’t fixate too much on only that number on the scales, weight loss is a process and the best way to do it is gradually by staying consistent, being strong and trying not to get disheartened.

Be sure to keep us posted on how you’re going!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Lisa
    Participant

Hi
    Im Lisa I started on Tuesday I am currently 82kg and would love to lose 14kg.
    I used the old Body trim program, but felt I could not maintain the program. This program seems to be much easier and seems to allow a lot more food through out the week.
    Here go’s
    Regards Lisa

mrsjljsmith
    Participant

Hi i am in NZ, Im Jasmin and I am 83 kg, I have just started today here in NZ at 8 am with my first shake it tastes delicious but is not filling me up. I do not believe it contains as many nutrient as the container says. I think I will have a medium size lunch and then a small snack for dinner as well as my chocolate shake and maybe tomorrow morning add a raw egg to my shake for extra protein and to trick my stomach into thinking it is full.

mrsjljsmith
    Participant

oh I forgot to add my target eight is 72 kg but if I got to 70 kg i would be very happy as I want to be a size 14 again. I’m fed p with being a size 18-20, I feel fat and my stomach looks gross.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Jasmin,

Welcome to the program!

The Bodytrim shakes are nutritionally balanced meal replacement shakes and are intended to be used to replace a breakfast, lunch or dinner meal. They provide a calorie- controlled meal option, and depending on the composition and calorie density of your meals previous to the program it is fairly possible that you will feel hungry during the initial part of the program. For best results we recommend you try and stick to it for these first three days. If you do feel like you need a little extra to keep you going you could try selecting some non- starchy vegetable options from the food list.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

leoniegrant
    Participant

Hi I’m Leonie and not sure if this is where I should be posting this so please bear with me if it’s the wrong place.
    I’m procrastinating but know that I need to get with the program. I don’t have a lot to lose but am bloating around my stomach after bowel cancer and really need to try harder before my next visit to the surgeon. I have tried the program before a long time ago and vaguely remember that I used to use the powder as a snack for morning tea but don’t remember how much I used. Can anyone help me with this? I know that worked for me so that’s my first choice rather than looking at the snack bars etc.
    Good luck to everyone whether you have lots to lose or a smaller amount.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Leonie,

The program will have changed compared to the last time you were on Bodytrim.

The old program used high protein, low carbohydrate shakes as protein snack options (morning and afternoon tea). The newer program involves the use of specially formulated meal replacement shakes for the purpose of replacing breakfast, lunch or dinner meals (these meal replacement shakes are not to be used as protein snacks). On the new program we recommend high protein foods (not shakes) as your snack options.

It would be a really good idea to read a couple of the introduction articles on this website to become familiar with the structure of the revised program.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

vasun_prasad
    Participant

Kiora
    My name is Vasun and I am in New Zealand. I have just started on the BT shakes today.I am 160cm tall and weight 90kg. My goal is to reach 70kg which I was weighing around 4 years back. Fingers crossed I will reach my goal.🤞

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.