Home Forums Think Just a few questions…

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Bekki
    Participant

Hello,
    I bought the Bodytrim+ system years ago and had great success.
    I have since lost it through numerous moves etc..
    I am struggling to adapt to this programme and although I purchased it way before Xmas I haven’t started as I have no idea what I am really doing. I have emailed support and still got no answers.

So my questions are:
    1) How do I follow what’s going on easily?
    2) After 12 weeks do I lose access to this site/program?
    3) Is there somewhere to see correct food choices for the day detox?

Im hoping someone can help my confusion, I am feeling really disheartened.

Bekki
    Participant

Ok so I have found the answer to the last question..

Where do you find acceptable food choices for the 3 day detox?
    There is a printable list under “my food guides”

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Bekki,

I also was did body trim years ago and found it difficult to get my head around.
    Just follow the pamphlet that is in the box with the shakes you’ll find that it’s pretty straight forward.
    The list on the website does help with the food choices.

I don’t think you loose access after 12 weeks but good question πŸ™‚

Best of luck, you will do great!

Rachael

Jenny
    Participant

Hi Bekki, I was like you as still have the old body trim ingrained in my head and I still have the books and dvd’s. That’s sad you lost them as they are still helpful. This is now simple to me as I am on day 8. Difference with the old and the new is shakes for the first 3 days instead of eating protein, breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, then a meal with 100g protein and 2 cups non starchy vegetables at night, no evening snack like in the past. No milk in tea or coffee for the first 3 days, same as old program. Days 4 to 7, shake for breakfast and lunch, protein snack morning and afternoon tea, 100g protein, half cup starchy vegs and one and half cups non starchy vegs for dinner and can have milk in drinks. From day 8 either a shake for breakfast or same as the old system eg. egg on toast for breakfast, protein snack morning and afternoon tea, for lunch and dinner 100g protein with non starchy vegs (approx. one and a half cups), half cup starchy vegs or brown rice. The biggest difference is the allowance of starchy vegetables, brown rice or limited pasta etc.. as they weren’t allowed until the maintenance stage. I’m still not sure about that change but just won’t have them if I don’t think they work. Instead of a free day, it is only one free meal per week then you go back to the normal eating, so don’t have to follow with a protein only day. That’s probably better as I sometimes got carried away on my free day and found the protein only days difficult. I have found printing the food guides helpful on here. I have lost over 2kg which is good but not going well with the exercise yet as work long hours at a desk. Hope this helps. Good luck. Jenny

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Bekki,

Welcome to the bodytrim program and thanks a lot for your questions. We are really sorry that you feel overwhelmed, but no worries we are here to help you (and it looks like our bodytrimmer Jenny is helping a lot too). Please when you have 5 minutes contact our friendly customer service and nutritionist in Australia on 1300 724 455 and they will be more than happy to take you through how the programs works, guide you through the website and find an answer to any specific nutrition questions.
    For quick answers:
    1) How do I follow what’s going on easily? log in daily to your account
    2) After 12 weeks do I lose access to this site/program? yes but there is a free 12 week access provided each time you buy a box of shakes.
    3) Is there somewhere to see correct food choices for the day detox? refer to the food guides
    Have a lovely afternoon!
    BT team

Adine
      Participant

Jenny Thank you so much . I also am a previous client and am totally lost now on how this all works you outlined it beautifully.

BRADLEY
    Participant

hi can i use unsweetened coconut and almond milk in me shakes.
    thanks brad

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

The FAST shakes have been specially formulated so that when mixed with water they should provide you with adequate nutrition in order to be able to replace 1 meal. They are designed to be mixed with water, we wouldn’t recommend mixing with coconut or almond milk. If you would like a bit of flavour in your FAST shakes check out our shake recipes in the recipe section on the website.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Tammy
    Participant

For the protein snacks on days 4-7 are you allowed to eat the Bodytrim protein bars for protein snacks.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Tammy,

We introduce protein snacks during the second and third phases of the program (Trimsition and Body Trimming). You may have any of the Bodytrim snacks for your protein snack. They are a great convenience option to have in your bag if you are on the run. We wouldn’t recommend more than 1 Bodytrim snack a day.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Jo
    Participant

Feeling very lethargic on day 2 …finding it hard to stay on my feet at work …is this normal?

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Jo,

We are sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell.

The most likely reason for the lethargicness you are experiencing is due to your carbohydrate intake being much lower than usual. When carbohydrate intake is very low the body produces a by-product which can make some people feel a little nauseous or lethargic, so this can be common side effect during the first 3 days. This feeling should subside once in the Trimsition phase when the carbohydrate serve at dinner is introduced, and the amount of vegetables is increased. It is important to make sure you are drinking the recommended 2- 3L of water, and drinking this frequently throughout the day to help flush out the by-product that may be the cause of the lethargicness.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Jodie
      Participant

I’m on day 2 today and felt exactly the same all day! Have really struggled to focus at work. Hope it gets better.

Bekki
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with such helpful answers πŸ™‚

Unfortunately for me I have decided to write off Bodytrim, this new version just isn’t for me.
    I never bought the shakes (I actually didn’t even know they existed until I just read it here) I signed up directly on the website expecting to get the books and dvds sent to me in a box like last time.
    I can’t stomach shakes, they make me gag. So I guess that’s why I have never seen them in store.

It’s a shame that after 12 weeks the access to here is stopped unless you spend more money on shakes. For someone like me who doesn’t drink them, will be wasting money on shakes for the bin just to be able to keep logging on. I don’t see the sense in that.
    So basically I have spent $99 to make a post on a forum and print a food list. Such a shame. The emails, books and dvds were extremely helpful, convenient and much easier.

Anyway, thanks again all for replies. I wish you all the best in BT journeys! Good luck xx

shana
    Participant

I’m a nurse and do 10hiur night shifts. Can I eat protein only in these 10 hours? Also do you have a free day in this new program? Not sure I’m into just shakes. I followed the old program and loved it lost 13kg but over the past 3 years have slowly put back on about 6kgs.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Shana,

What part of the program are you on?

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Debbie
    Participant

Hello,
    Have just finished day 2 and have survived…..
    Just wondering why the 7th day isn’t a free day anymore…?? i purchased the dvds and the book years ago and found it excellent…. is it optional to go back to the old system..??
    look forward to your reply..
    Debbie

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie,

Once you reach the final phase (Body Trimming), which is from day 8 onwards we introduce one Free Meal per week. You could choose to have this Free Meal on any day of the week – you might choose to reward yourself and have it on day 8 after you have finished the FAST Start and Trimsition phases. Following the Free Meal you simply go back to eating as per the final phase structure, there is no need for a protein only day.

Of course you can choose to go back to the old program if you would like to, and if you still have the books you should be able to use these as references. We have introduced the new program as we believe it is more sustainable long term and includes a wider variety of healthy food options but if you would like to revert to the original program this is entirely up to you.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi again Shana,

As mentioned above in the reply to Debbie’s question there is a Free Meal once a week.

In regards to your night shifts if you send us an email to info@bodytrim.com.au we should be able to discuss and figure something out for you.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Pauline
    Participant

Can you have peanut butter as a snack? If so how much

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Pauline,

We’ve got a serving size of peanut butter listed as being 1 tsp for snacks. Make this a large teaspoon and if you have with celery sticks this will make a great snack!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.