Home Forums Eat Just signed up

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Sue
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Just signed up today after buying the shakes. I need to loose 40 kilos so habve a long road ahead of me. I am abit anxious about it as I have trouble sticking to anything for very long. But I need to do this for myself and my husband as he needs to loose a lot as well.
    I am not sure about only having protein shakes all day long not sure if I can handle the not eating and worried about feeling hungry. Any suggestions on what to do if am hungry please

Chantelle
    Participant

Have a 50g protein snack eg boiled egg or some bbq chook etc. You could also snack on celery or cucumber sticks. Remember why you started. To be the healthiest version of your self and dont forget that because you cant eat it today you wont be able to have it in the future!

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

You can do this! We recommend the protein shakes 3 times a day for the first three days of the program. You are also allowed 100g of protein and 2 cups of non- starchy vegetables each day, this may be eaten at dinner time or you could swap it in place of one of your shake meals and have it for lunch instead if you find this easier.
    You could also divide this protein/vegetable meal up and have it in smaller serves throughout the day to provide some more variety between shakes. i.e, instead of one meal of 100g of protein + 2 cups of non- starchy veg you could perhaps have smaller meals/snacks of 2 lots of 50g of protein, 1 cup of non- starchy veg and a second serve of non- starchy veg interspersed between your three FAST Shakes.
    Make sure you are getting your 2- 3 litres of water a day (this is very important for FAST Start), you could also try soda water with a squeeze of lemon/lime juice between meals- this may help you feel fuller. If you absolutely need something extra choose some of the non- starchy vegetables from the food lists, for example, a handful of radishes, or cucumber, capsicum or celery stix- these are lower in calories so will not be detrimental to your progress.
    After the initial three days we cut one of the FAST Shakes from the plan and introduce a balanced meal in it’s place.
    There is some great support here on the forums so definitely reach out at any time for advice, or even just for a chat!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Sue
    Participant

Thank you for that. I started on Monday doing the shakes as I signed up here on sunday night. Wanting to get right into it I started on Monday doing the 3 shakes a day but now realise that here on the site I am ahead of myself as I have just received emails about the prep parts. Should I just keep going longer on the shakes 3 days a week or what should I do.
    Thanks
    Sue

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response, how are you going with the program?

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Sue
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m not doing too bad. We are use to the old program so made Saturday our free day but that was bad as I weighed myself and had lost a couple of kilos but now on Monday which is our weigh in day I only lost 100gms.?.
    I was wondering we have on weekends 1 poached egg and bacon on a 1 piece of toast with mushrooms. I thought this was ok on the old system but here it says to avoid bacon, why is this. Our old habits from the old system is we usually have either a poached egg on its own or with a piece of toast for breakfast each day is this still ok.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

It may take a little longer than the previous program to notice a difference because you are not going to such great extremes of carb detoxing. The new program is still high in protein and low in carbs, but is not as extreme as the previous program in terms of being high protein and very low carb and fat. Instead we try to promote eating healthier versions of these types of foods to create a program that is not so restrictive, has a wider variety of enjoyable and nourishing foods and is ultimately more sustainable and effective long term.
    Our best advice is to stay consistent, don’t get disheartened and ensure you are drinking plenty of water and that you complete your 10,000 steps each day.
    Keep in mind that the best way to lose weight and keep it off long term is to do it slowly but surely. A weight loss of roughly 500g per week is said to be a healthy pace.
    Some additional factors which can play a role in weight loss include your metabolic rate and hormones. Some people tend to eat irregular meals, so when small regular meals are added on Bodytrim, the metabolism needs a bit of time to adjust. This can also be the case for hormones needing to balance out.

The Breakfast meal includes 2 serves of protein (animal and/or plant), and 1 serve of starchy or non- starchy carbs.
    1 slice of toast would be your 1 serve of starchy carbs, or you could have the equivalent of 1 cup of mushrooms (or mixed non- starchy carbs), or 1 piece of fruit (also non- starchy carbs).
    2 serves of protein would be 2 eggs and perhaps 1 cup of milk (scrambled eggs), or 2 eggs and 1 rasher of bacon.

Bacon should be treated as an occasional food, it is higher in energy due to it’s higher fat content. We wouldn’t recommend eating bacon more than once a week. Make sure you get one with minimal visible fat and best cooked under the grill so that any excess fat can drip off.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Try not to weigh your self once a week and stay positive 🙂

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.