Home Forums Eat Mouse and Custard recipe on instagram -trimstar??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 5 months ago.

• Author

Julie
    Participant

Can you point me to the recipes for the custard and mousse recipes mentioned on the @bodytrim_au Instagram page please. They look yummy, and what stage can you have them? Thanks julie.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Julie,

It looks like this was an Instagram post from back in 2015! We don’t currently have any similar recipes on the website but perhaps this is something we could look into doing- it could be a really nice protein snack option.

In the meantime, here’s a few ideas you could perhaps try which may help satisfy.

– 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt mixed with 1 tsp grated lemon rind & 1 tsp honey (protein snack)
    – 1/4 cup Greek Yoghurt mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp cacao nibs (protein snack)
    – Custard (make as per pack instructions but use a little honey to sweeten rather than sugar). A protein snack serving size would be 1/2 a cup of custard.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Karen
    Participant

Hi, I have an old body trim recipe for strawberry mousse. Wondering if you could tell me how many serves for a snack and if it’s ok, I hope you find this a nice recipe Julie.
    500 low fat ricotta
    2 cups strawberry diet jelly
    2 egg whites
    2 tbsp vanilla protein powder

Method:
    1. Make the jelly
    2. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form
    3. Place jelly, ricotta and protein powder in a bowl
    4. Mix with beaters until smooth
    5. Fold in stiff egg whites, careful not to knock the air out of them
    6. Leave to set in fridge

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

We do recommend trying to limit your use of products like ‘diet’ jellies while on the program and opt for more nutritious whole foods instead. This could be a good ‘occasional’ snack option and going by the amount of protein this recipe above would make about 8 protein snack-sized serves.

Another point to note with this recipe is that you will not want to use the FAST Shake as the ‘protein powder’, you will need a high protein, low carbohydrate powder for this recipe.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.