Home Forums Eat pancake recipe

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Karen
    Participant

Hi, I have this pancake recipe and was wondering if it would be ok for breakfast. Or if made smaller for pikelets would be ok for snacks, if so what serving size.

Recipe: serves 2
    180g cottage cheese
    1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    75g SR flour

I used to have a banana or strawberries on top and if the flavoured, sugar free maple syrup would be ok. Thanks

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

180g cottage cheese
    1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    = just over 2 serves of protein (for two people you will need 4 serves of protein, but if you serve your pancakes/pikelets with 1/2 a cup of Greek yoghurt per person this will bump up the protein intake for this meal to the recommended number of serves per person).

We would recommend trying wholemeal flour rather than refined white flour. However, you will not need as much as wholemeal flour typically makes a thicker batter and more dense product, so maybe you could try 30g of wholemeal flour (which would equate to about 1 serve of starchy carbs), and because your recipe is for two people (which means you should have 2 serves of carbs), you can add another serve as your fruit component (i.e. 1 banana, or 1/2 a cup of berries split between two serves.

Keep the sugar free maple syrup to an absolute minimum!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.