Home Forums Eat Phase 2 – Trimsition – Can you stay on it

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Kirsty
    Participant

Hi all, my husband and I have just started together on the program and are on day 6. Hubby asked today if it was possible for him to basically stay on this phase as he would prefer the shakes for breakfast and lunch and then just have two snacks and a meal at dinner.

Does anyone know if this is OK and what effect it will have on his weight loss. I know they are meal replacement shakes but not sure of the long term effect and if it would cause weight loss to stop or even for him to gain weight.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsty,

We wouldn’t advise on this. While the FAST Shakes are nutritionally balanced meal replacements they are not still not as good as real, whole foods which have so many beneficial and essential nutrients. These shakes are not designed for long term use. We have included them in the BT program as they provide you with a simple and convenient food option while we gradually introduce more nutrient dense whole foods back to the diet.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.