Home Forums Eat Protein Snacks

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Kylie
    Participant

Hi
    My name is Kylie and I am about to start day 4. I was wondering what the best wholegrain crackers are to buy also as a protein snack is it ok to eat meat i.e roast chicken, ham or turkey?

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kylie,

Yes, you can have meat as a protein snack, try to mix up your sources of protein though and get some plant sourced protein into your diet also.

In terms of wholegrain crackers we would recommend taking a look at the nutrition information panel. Compare the saturated fat, fibre and sodium contents of different brands and opt for a cracker with less than 1% saturated fat (less than 1g per 100g), a higher fibre content and less than 160mg of sodium per serve.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Roz
    Participant

Hi Roz here
    Can you put up a list of alternative protein snacks as there are none in the recipes
    would be a great help

cheers thanks Roz

Roz
    Participant

Hi Roz here again
    If you don’t feel hungry and miss the morning snack, will that mess up the weight loss
    some times I don’t feel like one in the morning and just have a coffee please let me know .
    cheers Rozzie

Rachael
    Participant

Hi there,
    Just wanted to say how nice the ‘new’ BT Brownie and Apple Slice are.
    I’m not really a sweet person but when I have meetings at these times and they have sweet stuff on offer, it’s great to be able to stay compliant and not miss out. They are great to keep in my bag as a back up if I get stuck between meals etc.

Rozzie, hey there – I think eating regularly is the key as it keeps the metabolism burning. Just have something small. Cheers Rachael

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Rozzie,

We are so happy to hear your positive feedback on our Bodytrim slices! They are our new favorites, indulgent but a positive snack that keeps you fuller for longer. We will hopefully bring new slices to the market soon.
    Kind regards,

The BT team.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Roz,

We would recommend sticking to the guidelines as much as possible. If you really are not hungry perhaps you could have a smaller serving size for your protein snack but we wouldn’t recommend skipping it entirely as this can result in you becoming famished and possibly overeating later on which is really not what you want.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.