Home Forums Eat Slow weight loss

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mrsjljsmith 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Darina
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve nearly into week 5 of the program and am finding it great (lots of food choices, support etc). I’ve even started planning meals for the whole week – for the first time in my whole life.

I had a good weight loss (2.4kg) in the first week, but since then I’ve only been losing about 100gm a week. I’m not sure where I’m going wrong. Could I do something more eg:

If I don’t feel hungry can I skip morning tea. Or can I have one less protein at breakfast and then have a milky coffee for morning tea.

For the balanced meals could I at times (say if I’m not that hungry) skip the starchy carb and just have the protein and low starch veg?

With the starchy carb can skip it for one of the meals and then have double (one cup) at the next meal eg if I wanted to have pasta (or to save it for a free meal)?

With the 2 cups of low carb veg, should I have a bit less if it’s cooked veg (as they tend to cook down a bit).

Or should I just stick to all the meals and snacks as specified (even though I may not always feel so hungry).

Thank you.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Darina,

We’re pleased to hear you are enjoying the program and well done on the meal planning- practising good food prep will help you hugely in your weight loss journey!

We wouldn’t suggest cutting a particular food group from your meals as the meal structures have been designed so as to provide you nutritional balance. We also wouldn’t suggest skipping morning tea or any of your meals as you then run the risk of becoming ravenous and over eating later on in the day. Perhaps you could choose to have a slightly smaller meal (reduce all serving sizes slightly) if you really feel you are not hungry.

How is your exercise going?

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

mrsjljsmith
    Participant

Hi I have only just started programme today,
    the chocolate shake tastes great but I am hungry, 1 meal per day for 3 days is not very healthy as shake does not provide all my nutritional needs and as I am a mother of 3 young active children I think I might have to have breakfast as well as lunch tomorrow.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.