Home Forums Eat snacks

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 1 hour, 22 minutes ago.

• Author

gem13
    Participant

Hi,
    My husband and I are starting BT next week. We were wondering in the first 3 days if you can have extra snacks if we are hungry eg protein bars, BT cheesecakes etc.
    We have done the old system many years ago and just trying to work the new BT out with eating etc.
    Thanks
    Kathryn

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kathryn,

Welcome back! For best results, if you find you get hungry during the first three days we would recommend consuming extra non- starchy vegetables rather than the protein bars and snacks.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

sandersonrachael
    Participant

Hi There,

I was wondering if you have any protein snack recipes that you recommend that I could make at home? I would be interested in trying to make my own “museli bars” In going forward, I want to be able to make my own snacks not be reliant on purchasing bars etc
    Thanks!
    Rachael

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Rachael,

If you look at the Recipes section here on the website and select ‘Snacks’ you will find a number of recipes for protein balls. You can make these as balls or you could spread the mixture into a tin (line with grease proof paper first), refrigerate and cut so that you have bars if you wish- just make sure you cut the same number of serves as what we recommend on the recipe so that the nutritional profile is correct for a snack.
    Keep an eye on this section for more snack recipes in the future!

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

sandersonrachael
    Participant

Hi!
    Another question, I am now in the Phase 3. Ive done a lot of reading and research on the Bodytrim website this morning but Im a little uncertain when fruit can be consumed?

Also can i have clarfication around the protein snacks.

Do you always need to eat low starch veggies with the snacks? Or can low starch fruit be eaten here?

Thankyou!

Rachael

sandersonrachael
    Participant

PS. For instance with the protein ball recipes, is it just the two protein balls for the snack? or do i add a serve of veggies to it?

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Rachael,

Most fruit (apart from bananas) is classified as non- starchy carbohydrates. You may have a serving of fruit anywhere that you have a ‘non- starchy carbohydrate’ serving. For example, your lunch meal consists of 1 serve of protein, 2 serves of non- starchy carbs and 1 serve of starchy carbs. You could choose to have a piece of fruit as one of your non- starchy carbohydrate serves for this meal. We do recommend no more than two serves of fruit per day though due to the higher sugar content.

For the protein snacks we recommend 1 serve of protein and non- starchy vegetables (not fruits) may also be eaten here if you wish- these vegetables are low in calories but packed full of nutrients so boosting your protein snack with some non- starchy vegetables on the side can definitely be beneficial.

You could add a handful of cherry tomatoes (or some other non- starchy vegetable option) to your snack of two protein balls yes!

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

bellad1
    Participant

Hi, how much hummus is recommended per snack? Or how much protein to look for per serve on a store bought hummus. Does BT have a recipe for this?
    Thanks,
    Donna

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

A snack of hummus would be roughly ΒΌ of a cup. Serving sizes can vary for packaged food items so it may be easier to look at the ‘per 100g’ column on the nutrition information panel- you would want to be looking for a hummus that contains about 6- 7 g per 100g.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

trishfreund
    Participant

Hi, I made the Choc Nut Protein balls from your Recipes but wasn’t sure what “2 serves” of the protein powder meant so I used 6 scoops of the Body Trim chocolate. What I found was that the mixture was too dry to form the balls so I added more coconut oil. I managed to make the balls and they are very good yummy eating. My question is when I see a “serve” of protein powder what does this mean exactly? Am on day 6 of the program and really enjoying it. The other thought is did I use the wrong ingredient? Thanks. (Already lost over 2 kilos which is fantastic as I am only looking to lose about 8 kilos total).

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Trish,

Thanks for your message!

In the recipe we have stated: 2 serves of chocolate flavoured protein powder (choose high protein, low carb).

Being a formulated meal replacement the Bodytrim shake powder is not what we would consider a high protein, low carb powder so would it not be the right product to use- it will contribute more carbohydrates to a snack which is intended to be low carb and the mixture will probably be too dry yes. Some examples of high protein, low carb powders would be the Aussie Bodies Perfect Protein or 100% Whey protein powders.

Being meal replacement shakes the Bodytrim shakes are only intended to be used in place of a meal and not as snacks.

A serve of high protein, low carb powder generally contains about 20- 25g of protein, so for 2 serves we would be looking at 40- 50g of protein and very minimal carbohydrates.

We’re sorry for the confusion and will make some changes on the recipe page to clarify.

We are so pleased to hear of your success so far!

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

suepernz
    Participant

I’m just starting the second phase of Bodytrim. Do I have to have snacks between meals? I’ve never been a snack type of person and would much prefer to do two protein drinks a day with the meals at lunchtime and evening.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We recommend the mid morning and mid afternoon protein snacks as a way to boost your protein and nutrient intake as well as helping to keep you satiated between meals.

During the second phase of the program we recommend 2 shakes (one for breakfast, one for lunch) and 1 balanced meal for dinner. In addition to this there is the 2 protein snacks between meals… So just to clarify, you are asking if instead of this you can do 2 shakes and 2 meals?

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.