Home Forums Eat snacks

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 3 months ago.

• Author

gem13
    Participant

Hi,
    My husband and I are starting BT next week. We were wondering in the first 3 days if you can have extra snacks if we are hungry eg protein bars, BT cheesecakes etc.
    We have done the old system many years ago and just trying to work the new BT out with eating etc.
    Thanks
    Kathryn

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Kathryn,

Welcome back! For best results, if you find you get hungry during the first three days we would recommend consuming extra non- starchy vegetables rather than the protein bars and snacks.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

sandersonrachael
    Participant

Hi There,

I was wondering if you have any protein snack recipes that you recommend that I could make at home? I would be interested in trying to make my own “museli bars” In going forward, I want to be able to make my own snacks not be reliant on purchasing bars etc
    Thanks!
    Rachael

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Rachael,

If you look at the Recipes section here on the website and select ‘Snacks’ you will find a number of recipes for protein balls. You can make these as balls or you could spread the mixture into a tin (line with grease proof paper first), refrigerate and cut so that you have bars if you wish- just make sure you cut the same number of serves as what we recommend on the recipe so that the nutritional profile is correct for a snack.
    Keep an eye on this section for more snack recipes in the future!

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

sandersonrachael
    Participant

Hi!
    Another question, I am now in the Phase 3. Ive done a lot of reading and research on the Bodytrim website this morning but Im a little uncertain when fruit can be consumed?

Also can i have clarfication around the protein snacks.

Do you always need to eat low starch veggies with the snacks? Or can low starch fruit be eaten here?

Thankyou!

Rachael

sandersonrachael
    Participant

PS. For instance with the protein ball recipes, is it just the two protein balls for the snack? or do i add a serve of veggies to it?

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Rachael,

Most fruit (apart from bananas) is classified as non- starchy carbohydrates. You may have a serving of fruit anywhere that you have a ‘non- starchy carbohydrate’ serving. For example, your lunch meal consists of 1 serve of protein, 2 serves of non- starchy carbs and 1 serve of starchy carbs. You could choose to have a piece of fruit as one of your non- starchy carbohydrate serves for this meal. We do recommend no more than two serves of fruit per day though due to the higher sugar content.

For the protein snacks we recommend 1 serve of protein and non- starchy vegetables (not fruits) may also be eaten here if you wish- these vegetables are low in calories but packed full of nutrients so boosting your protein snack with some non- starchy vegetables on the side can definitely be beneficial.

You could add a handful of cherry tomatoes (or some other non- starchy vegetable option) to your snack of two protein balls yes!

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.