Home Forums Think Timing of Eating

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Team BT 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Rachael
    Participant

Hi There,
    I did the old ‘BT’ and I’m back for the new program.
    In the old program you had to eat every 3 hours.
    Does this still apply?

Thanks for your help
    Rachael 🙂

Fiona
    Participant

Hi Rachael,

I did the old bt program too and was wondering if you had a reply to your question, re eating every three hours?

I haven’t found any references to this rule with this new program.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks ?
    Kind regards
    Fiona

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Fiona,

I’m not sure yet either.

I started the 12 week program today and I’m just trying to space out my shakes and 1 meal the best I can.

I’m hoping a bodytrim member will see my post and give some feedback on Monday. I know with the old program timing was important for increasing your metabolism.

Look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Best of luck Rachael ?

kevin
    Participant

Hi i started 2 weeks ago the way to use the programme is days 1-3, 3 bodytrim fast shakes,1 protien snack,2 cups low strach vegetables, 2-3 cups of water & 10.000 steps….Trimsition days 4-7 add 1 protien snack & 1 balanced meal take away 1 shake…..Body trimming 8 onwards take away another shake, and have 2-3 balanced meals hope this helps you, good luck

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Kevin,

Yes thank you I do realised what I need to eat but what I’m actually wanting to know is the timing in between eating.

When I was on the old program you had to make sure you were eating every 3 hours and there doesn’t seem to be any mention of the time in between meals and I just want to make sure I’m achieving the best results.

Thanks for your reply and best of luck.

I lost 36kgs on the old program and kept it off for 6 years.
    I’ve been through a stressful time lately and regained 10kgs so wanted to refocus and get it back off again 🙂

Kind regards, Rachael

Fiona
    Participant

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for replying so quickly…l hope someone can answer our question on timing soon ☺

Our story with BT sounds very similar, l also lost about 40kgs about 5-6 years ago and had kept it off until ealier this year. Again through stressful times, l turned to emotional eating…l’m not sure exactly how much weight l’ve gained, but my clothing has become a tad snug! Hope to loose the weight l’ve gained over recent months and a little more…will weigh myself tomorrow which is day 4 for me. Yay detox over!!

Good luck on your weight loss journey.
    Kind regards,
    Fiona ?

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Fiona,
    Wow, that is similar 🙂
    That’s so exciting about weight-in day. I’m one day behind you so looking forward to the same although I’ve already weighted myself so believing for a good result, even after only 2 days I feel great. Yes, Yay to detox being over – although I did find it very easy.

Good luck to you also Fiona on your weight loss journey, we’ve both been here before and know that it’s possible.
    Cheers Rachael

Julia
    Participant

I think it partly depends on what you can deal with, and what you are doing etc
    I find that if I eat too often, it becomes a habit. I have been planning my eating times in the morning. One morning I was working early so I had half a shake at 6.30am, then the rest at 8.30. Second one at 11.30, then 3.00 before work. Finished work at 7.30 so another shake (or meal).

Another day I drank a couple of cups of tea whilst working on my computer, so no exercise, then had a shake at 9am, 12pm, 3pm, then a meal or another shake and veg at 7.30pm.

Yes, eating regularly does help keep the metabolism going, but also adds more calories. I weigh myself every day, and if I think my weight loss is stalling, then I will change something such as less food, more frequent eating, more exercise, or even a bigger calorie load one day to “kick start” my metabolism. I think you should plan what you think will suit YOU according to the day and how you feel, as long as you follow the general guidelines re healthy eating. You can always split a meal into two. Good Luck with it 🙂

Rachael
    Participant

Thank you so much Julia for your comments.
    I think I’ve worked out that the timing is not as set as with the old program.
    I also have read that there is no longer a cheat day as such but 1 meal a week.
    Do you know if you have to follow that with a protein only day or is it just back to the normal day?
    How long have you been on the program and what are your weight loss results if you don’t mind me asking, I just love to hear other peoples achievements.
    Kind regards, Rachael

kerrie
    Participant

Rachael you sound as confused as me with new versus old…
    I lost 25 kg on old program. I started this time on the old again but have the shakes now ( I am on day 7)
    I am eating the protein snack every 2-3 hours like before but no idea if I am meant to!
    Very confusing when the old program was SO successful ( even tho I gained back 3/4) due to being too cocky…not again tho!

KAREN
    Participant

Hi to everyone, I too am an old Body trimmer starting the new program. I have been sticking to the old rule of eating every 3 hours still with good weight loss success, so my suggestion to you would be if it worked for you before then stick with what you know. xx

Rachael
    Participant

Hi Karen, thank you for your comments it’s really great to be able to share and the social support is really encouraging. I love hearing about other peoples success. I’m now on my 5th day so in Trimsition. I lost 3.1kg in the first 3 days on the fast start and I actually think that was better than my old results just doing 3 days of protein only. I’m very encouraged with my progress and can’t wait to weigh in again at the end of this week. With the extra protein snack added into my day I am finding that I have to eat within the 3 hours anyway so I think this is just automatically working well. Best of Luck with your weight loss from one ‘Old BT’er’ to another 🙂
    Kind regards, Rachael

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,

Yes, you should be able to still stick to eating every three hours if you found this particularly helpful.
    Rachael, following the day of your weekly ‘Free Meal’ you can go straight back to the Body Trimming phase.

Kind Regards,

BT Team 🙂

Rachael
    Participant

Hi BT Team,

Thank you very much 🙂

Kind regards, Rachael

Maria
    Participant

Hi I’m new to this, tomorrow first day of 3 day fast I will do it right this time, and won’t stuff up, can you have protein bar as 1 protein a day.

Rachael
    Participant

Maria, if you are doing the fast you have to have 3 shakes. One for breakfast, one for lunch and one for afternoon tea. Make sure you drink lots of water if will help with keeping full and any headaches. Best of luck, Rachael

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

Rachael is correct, for the first three days of the program you have three FAST Shakes, one for breakfast, one for lunch & one for afternoon tea, For dinner you are able to have a serve of protein (100g for women), plus 2 cups of non- starchy vegetables (take a look at the ‘Food Serving Guide’).
    In the second phase of the program we introduce protein snacks for morning and afternoon tea. For these snacks you are able to opt for a protein bar/snack as a convenience option if you wish.
    Yes, keep up the water intake, soda water with all it’s fizz can actually help to give the sensation of fullness, and a squeeze of lemon juice is a nice addition.

Good on you Maria, you’ve got this!

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Antoinette
    Participant

HI Everyone,
    Thanks to all of you for asking these questions – I’ve also been on the old BT program with much success until the past year which has seen a lot of stress and change in my life and I have put over 10kg back on despite hardly ever eating sugar and keeping high carbs to a minimum. (I was however, not as active due to injury)

I had also been wondering about the every 3 hour timing and also the protein only day.

I saw the reply from the BT team with regards to the protein only day no longer being a rule – however I would like to ask the BT team if there is any problem with continuing to have a protein only day ? I’m curious as to why it has been removed? I hope I haven’t buggered up my metabolism with the old system……….

cheers
    Antoinette

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Antoinette,

The protein only day which was recommended in the original program followed a weekly ‘Free Day’ (two free meals), and this started from the second phase of the program on wards.

In the revised bodytrim program we have changed this so that it is now one ‘Free Meal’ per week, which is introduced from day 8 on wards. Following the day of your free meal you simply go back to the regular pattern of the Bodytrimming phase (which while still being high in protein, also includes nutrient dense vegetables and fruits and healthy forms of fats and carbohydrates to give you a bit more balance).
    We believe this way of eating is easier on the body as it is not so high in protein. You also benefit from the inclusion of other nutrient dense foods, and we believe this way of eating is more sustainable in the long term.

Kind Regards,

BT nutritionist 🙂

Ros
    Participant

Hi All,

I lost 8kg 4 years ago and managed to keep it off for a couple of years, I’m now trying the new program and like the idea of a more balanced healthier program. The meal replacements are delicious and I feel that the first fasting period is easier to achieve.
    I’m feeling confident that I will be able to shed my unwanted kilos and to keep it off. I find doing the steps an easy part of the program as I walk 5 days a week then on the weekends do a lot of gardening I may not always get to 10,000 but its often very close or sometimes over.

Kind regards,
    Ros

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,
    Thanks so much for your positive feedback and sharing your story with us. We are wishing you all the best on the program and with your positive attitude you can only succeed! BT team 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.