Home Forums Eat Weight loss has stalled

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dlock7890 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

ksteer40
    Participant

Hi my weight loss seems to have stalled, i am walking for 30 mins each day am sticking to the diet strictly but only losing small amounts ie 0.1-0.2 kg weekly very frustrating. Any suggestions please would be appreciated.I have been on BT for 5 weeks now.
    Cheers Karen

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

Our sincere apologies for the delay.

The Bodytrim way of eating can be quite a change for some people and it can take a few weeks for the body to get into balance and begin to shift the weight. If you are not used to eating small regular meals it can be your metabolism that needs a bit of time to adjust and kick into gear. It can also be your hormones which need to balance out as you change your eating, to allow you to start burning fat.

Firstly, how close are you to your goal weight? Once you become closer to your goal weight (or if you only have a few kgs to lose in the first place) the weight loss does tend to go down in smaller increments.

Some other things to consider;

Condiments can quite often be high in sugar and/or fat and therefore high in calories. Try using herbs, spices, lemon juice, garlic or ginger instead as a way of adding flavour without also adding a huge calorie boost.

Try to limit the use of cooking oils by baking, steaming, grilling or poaching meat and veges.

There are some foods we limit to a certain number of serves per day or week (typically higher calorie foods) such as fats and oils, dairy products, fruit, nuts and seeds. It may pay just to do a quick check of the Food Servings Guide to ensure you are staying compliant with these recommended number of serves.

Remember to drink plenty of water and ensure you are completing your 10,000 steps each day.

Weekly Free Meal – what you choose on these days can slow things down depending on how ‘free’ you go. Try to keep an eye on your portion size for free meals, the first 2-3 bites are always the best so enjoy whatever it is you feel like or miss, but make sure the amount of food you have you have on your plate isn’t more than you need.

Hopefully this gives you some things to consider. If you have any further questions let us know!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

dlock7890
    Participant

Hi Karen,

same here I put on 0.300grams on week 4. I am changing shape though and just think of the scales as a bit of a bonus if I see results. I am fitting into my clothes better so that’s what’s getting me motivated.

stick to it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.